“Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it’s not going to get the business.” – Warren Buffett, Investor
This course leads you to understand your company’s core competences and how to incorporate them into your brand to give it a unique positioning, brand awareness and recognition and image.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will obtain a “Certificate of attendance”.
- Participants can obtain branding techniques and skills to build a strong brand within a specific institutional setting.
- Participants can conceptualize a correct brand positioning in their market.
- Participants can master a set of important branding elements to build brand equities.
Managers and entrepreneurs who are interested in learning essential branding concepts, techniques, skills and tools in an enlightening environment.
31 May 2016 (Tuesday)
2:30pm – 5:30pm
Cantonese supplemented with English (Course materials in English)
- Conceive the tripartite relationship of original branded manufacturers (OBMs), original design manufacturers (ODMs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs);
- Understand the limitations and opportunities of building a brand in the above settings;
- Recognize your firms’ core competencies and how to build them within your brand;
- Identify your right target market as well as your ideal brand positioning and image within a competitive marketplace;
- Develop your brand equity;
- Create brand awareness and brand recognition through brand elements;
- Reinforce unique positioning and image for your brand;
- Promote an emerging brand with limited budget; and
- Examine whether branding strategies be used in a service context.
Dr. Thomas Leung is currently Associate Professor, Department of Marketing of Hang Seng Management College. He was Associate Professor of Hong Kong Polytechnic University before he retired and joined Hang Seng Management College in August 2015. He has been providing consultancy service to public companies and has offered executive training programs in Hong Kong for past 20 years. Dr. Leung has been acting as consultant for NEXT Magazine Brand Award since 2004.
His primary research interests are Chinese negotiation, Cultural Marketing in China and Brand Management in China. He has published over 90 articles and his works are widely cited in international refereed journals like Industrial Marketing Management, Decision Support Systems, International Journal of Production Economics, Journal of Business Ethics, European Journal of Marketing, and others. He has published two research books.
Dr. Leung had over 10 years executive management experience in international companies such as Allen Life Savers Ltd.- a division of Nestle SA, Rheem Water Division in Australia and Plating Engineering and Chemicals Co Ltd. in Hong Kong.
Hang Seng Management College campus
HK $1900 (Refreshment is included)